Tuesday

Red Porch Swing and Geraniums


While still thinking about my weekend of gardening, I bought two gorgeous red geranium hanging baskets for my porch. I usually have ferns, but was inspired by a trip to The Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island last summer to make a change. If you haven't been, this hotel in northern Michigan is really fabulous and has an amazingly long front porch lined with red geraniums. I'm not sure if it's the flowers I like or the memory of my vacation there, but either way they look great! The below photo is from Country Living magazine and loved the vintage red porch swing, probably from the 1940's or 50's, and how it looked with the geraniums. Now all I need is the porch swing... 

Photo from Country Living

Red Geraniums at the Grand Hotel
Photo from Grand Hotel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment